Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Coming up with "loglines"!! (more brainstorming)

Based of my previous blog posts, here are the ideas that I have come up with for my film. Here are my kinda, sorta, not really, loglines.

Thriller: 
I like how these are somewhat dark, and I feel that I could create very compelling openings with them.

  • Artist has a condition when he starts painting and suddenly blacks out, wakes up again to find his painting already finished, art eventually gets more questionable as time goes by.
  • Writer has a condition when he starts writing, suddenly blacks out, wakes up to find his writing already done 
  • Candid: a young photographer captures candid images of his surroundings, and discovers an alarming connection among them
  • A teenager on a mission to create a short film, asks a close friend who's talented at writing for ideas. As she receives a notebook of his full of ideas and writing, questionable aspects of his—and even hers, are unraveled. 


Sci-fi: 
I came up with these, but at the same time, I'm scared that they will eventually get too complex and complicated for me to do. 

  • It's the year 2201 and technology is advanced enough for people to get to chose how long they want to live
  • A certain group of people who are able to predict the future in their dreams
  • A young girl, frustrated to only be able to live one reality, starts dreaming through the eyes of other people


Coming of age: 
Some of these are inspired by songs, others are loosely based on my own experiences. I believe it's important to produce something one can relate to for a coming of age film. Some of them have titles already!!

  • 'Porcelain': a pregnant 19 year old who suffers from drug addiction; a heartfelt, profound story about her ongoing battle
  • 'Barely Legal': Just after turning 18, Anais, despising the fact the rock is not a prevalent genre anymore, is on a mission to pursue her dreams of becoming a groupie.
  • The life of immigrant high school kids in Florida the 2010s
  • 'A Certain Romance': a period piece of an alternate version of the early 2000s, where love is completely dead
  • A young adult is growing and realizing his youth is slowly fading away
  • a 17 year old is tired of being every boy's manic pixie dream girl

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's been a journey

My eyes are dry my back hurts i am going crazy and I feel like I've got a sunburn for sitting in the computer for five hours straight...