Thursday, February 28, 2019

An indecisive human attempts to make a decision

This is where I evaluate the loglines that have made the cut.

1. 'Porcelain'

The idea:
Inspired by 'Porcelain' by Red Hot Chili Peppers, this film would be about a soon to be teen mom who suffers from drug addiction.

The vision:
The intro would introduce the main character, and also include a hook where the viewer wouldn't know she is pregnant until the very last few seconds, right before introducing the title. I would have to get permission to use the song, which perfectly conveys the whole story with the slow beats and dreamy guitar.

The risks:
My vision could turn out to look too montagey which is a big nono. Also I refuse to ask around for a pregnant teen who would be willing to star in a school project about a pregnant teen.

----------

2.  (Insert name when you come up with one here)

The idea:
An artist continuously blacks out right before it starts to paint, and wakes up to find his work already done. His paintings get more disturbing and questionable over time.

The vision: 
I could make a really cool setting in a messy art studio. The use of symbols would be prevalent, including colors, photographs and props.

The risks: 
I would definitely need an older actor for this, which could be harder for me to find.

----------

3. 'Barely Legal'

The idea: 
Just after turning 18, Anais, despising the fact the rock is not a prevalent genre anymore, is on a mission to pursue her dreams of becoming a groupie.

The vision:
I love this idea because I could introduce a female character with a strong personality. I could also include some humor components. I would introduce the character waking up in the morning of her 18th birthday, and use symbols for people to assume what her dreams are, and what are the things she hates (being a groupie and tacky pop music).

The risks:
The plot has cheesy teen comedy potential. Once again, big nono.

----------

4. 'A Certain Romance'

The idea:
An alternate version of the early 2000s, where love is completely dead among the youth.

The vision:
I imagine this opening in a very messy party scene, portraying the realities of teens in the 21st century without glamorizing anything. The way that teens are represented in the media in general is not very accurate so I'd like to take the opportunity to show their reality.

The risks:
I am not 100% convinced that I could make a very powerful opening with this idea.


No comments:

Post a Comment

It's been a journey

My eyes are dry my back hurts i am going crazy and I feel like I've got a sunburn for sitting in the computer for five hours straight...