Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Brainstorming bedrooms

This article gave me a lot of insight on what teens' bedrooms looked in the 90s. There is not one room that doesn't have anything stuck to the wall, which means I will be filling my bedroom with posters like these:

I particularly liked the bedroom below, as it vividly portrays what the boy is into, and it also gave me inspiration to what my character's bedroom would look like.


Looking at these pictures, I noticed that the amount of furniture was minimal, and mostly consisted of simple models of dressers and nightstands and minimal bedding; it was nothing too over the top. But at the same time, the number of trinkets and posters was the focus of these rooms, and they would overpower the minimal furniture. They didn't use any decorations, such as sculptures or fancy lamps as we have now, but each teen would communicate their own style with posters and small items, which I really like. I love how back then, someone's personality was visible through what they had in their room. I feel like nowadays it's more about decoration that has barely any meaning to it.

I will also include photographs of groupies stuck to the wall, and I'll print out a flier of a small band from the 90s. Something that looks like these:




I also found an old cassette of my mom's, as well as some vinyl records which I will include a shot of. I also own a white electric guitar with an amp, which would perfectly fit in the whole scenery.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's been a journey

My eyes are dry my back hurts i am going crazy and I feel like I've got a sunburn for sitting in the computer for five hours straight...