Wednesday, March 13, 2019

It's all about ~the look~

There is no specific ways of dressing up as a groupie from the 90s. Groupies would wear somewhat revealing clothing, because the whole thing about sexuality was important to them; they aimed to get involved with band members . I would like to incorporate the whole punk and grunge movement in my film, and there is no better way to do this than getting inspiration from the legend himself: Kurt Cobain (and Courtney).











This couple always portrayed their angst through a slovenly appearance, showing up to prestigious events in ripped jeans and messy hair. 90s grunge fashion was all about being messy, and using neutral dark colors with heavy makeup.

Also, the iconic mini plaid skirt was seen all over the place. It was present in films such as Empire Records or Clueless.


For my character's outfit, I was thinking something along the lines of a mini plaid skirt, a simple tank top, a colored bra with straps that show, and a pair of chunky boots. I want to portray the idea that she's naive towards what being a groupie is like, so I don't want her outfit to be too groupie-like or too revealing, but at the same time be a little edgy and a little revealing, indicating that she aspires to be one.

This is what I came up with (excuse how awkward my arms look)


So luckily, I had this simple plaid skirt and tank top laying around in my closet, which could perfectly fit and represent the character. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's been a journey

My eyes are dry my back hurts i am going crazy and I feel like I've got a sunburn for sitting in the computer for five hours straight...