Sunday, March 24, 2019

Filming Day 2

*This was on Thursday, March 21st. Around 10pm

So I wanted to get as much as I could done today. I failed miserably. I got two shots done in the span of two hours.

----------

Meet Santiago. An aspiring filmmaker and passionate memer. He offered to help me out with the project. I know, what an angel.



He was in charge of pressing the record button, telling me when to do my thing, and making sure everything was well framed. The clip below shows how we were trying to film the part with the flier. He would press record, tell me to wait a few seconds and then grab the flier in a hurried manner. I decided that these shots which are parallel in the beginning and the end would be just one shot, but then I would edit it and split it in two, so the composition is the same in both parts.


This was the view from behind the camera:
We set the flier next to a small dragon figurine (also seen on the shirt I am wearing), seven dollars, and an old cassette.


Once we got this shot done, we moved over to try and shoot the dialogue scene. I present to you the most awkward picture I have on my camera roll. I asked my sister to "snap some evidence" for the whole documenting process. Neither of us knew what to do. 



But yeah, I basically stood there in front of the mirror while I set the tripod so we could shoot an over-the-shoulder shot. It was really hard to frame well, because my mirror is one of those slim vertical ones. We tuned out to not get any shots of this scene because I hadn't planned it well. I never put the mirror into consideration. I perfectly visualized the shot working out well, but I never tried it out. And of course, what you visualize is not always the reality of things. It was already around midnight, we were both tired, so we called it a day.

I will definitely get everything done throughout this week. I will rehearse the mirror shots before actually shooting them to make sure everything is well framed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's been a journey

My eyes are dry my back hurts i am going crazy and I feel like I've got a sunburn for sitting in the computer for five hours straight...