Friday, March 15, 2019

Nevermind (Filming day 1)

It's not Sunday. I got too excited.

It's Thursday, March 14th at 9:56. My room has a subtle light coming from this light bulb lamp. I've decided to start filming the first establishing shots. Everything is messy and I'm moving things around just to get the right lighting and composition. I am attempting to control lighting with a desk lamp, the light from my closet, and the small light bulb thing from my nightstand, that I've placed on a chair.


--------

So my aim today was to get as many shots as I could for the very beginning: the "establishing" shots of the room, which are the posters, photographs, and guitars. The lamp below is the weird light bulb thing I used, and I love the kind of warm low-key light that it gives to my room, so I thought it would look great in the scene to illuminate the posters in a very subtle way, indicating that it's night time.



 This is my view from behind the camera^





In the middle of filming a couple of shots, I often noticed that the wall composition was a bit off at times. So I changed things up:


I also wanted to shoot the band flier sitting on the desk. But then I realized something. I had a moment of epiphany. I'll try to explain it:

So I was thinking that the establishing shot of the flier, would then appear again later on in the opening exactly the same way, but this time it would be a shot of the character grabbing the piece of paper off the desk when she has to leave, so the audience can make the connection. I also mentioned in the storyboard, that I would include a shot of her turning off the record player right before she leaves, and I decided that I should also include an establishing shot of the record player, so the audience could also make the connection with that. 

Hopefully this made sense. I will make another new and improved storyboard over the weekend, and post about it. 

Also, this is the flier for the band I made. I think it turned out to look really authentic:


(This is also a little bit like what the actual shot will look like. To not show the flier by itself and show some clutter, I added the money that she would take for the ticket, and a couple of bottle caps I found laying around.)


No comments:

Post a Comment

It's been a journey

My eyes are dry my back hurts i am going crazy and I feel like I've got a sunburn for sitting in the computer for five hours straight...