Tuesday, March 19, 2019

CCR: Question 2

How does your product engage with audiences and how would it be distributed as a real media text?

As the theme of my film revolves around the 90s, I would have some kind of synergy, collaborating with bands from that time, or the people whose music I would include in my soundtrack. Through these specific music artists I could promote my film, as well as engage with their own audiences. A very basic example of this would be Mamma Mia, or Bohemian Rhapsody. The fact that these films had iconic songs really increased the way the audience reacted to them. Songs by Queen were seen in the charts after 30 years, which was shocking as the prevalent genre is Hip-Hop/Rap. Bohemian Rhapsody earned a lot of recognition, as seen on the Oscars this year where they won four out of five nominations.

Barely Legal would have a very powerful nostalgic feel, so audiences who were alive in the 90s would be ale to relate to it, and keep the film close to their heart. This is the kind of film I would aim to produce.

As I learned in this class this year, social media has become a necessary tool to promote any time of media: music, print, or film. To promote my film I would firstly post teaser trailers on my personal account, and maybe have my friends share it in their accounts too. Vimeo is a platform where a lot of aspiring filmmakers post their work for recognition, so it would also be the main platform where I would display my film, so it's available to large audiences for free. Another great way to promote films from upcoming producers is film festivals. Of course, I would have to stick to the ones that are in my price range, nothing too flashy. Some local film festivals are Outshine Film Festival, located in both Miami and Fort Lauderdale. My school also hosts an annual film festival, so I would definitely display and promote my work so other students would look at it and give their thoughts. Independent films always have to put in that extra effort to gain recognition. They aren't seen on DVD or streamed on streaming platforms right away. This is why I wouldn't yet aim for that, but concentrate more on promoting it on social platforms and festivals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's been a journey

My eyes are dry my back hurts i am going crazy and I feel like I've got a sunburn for sitting in the computer for five hours straight...