Monday, March 11, 2019

Getting it together

I ordered a couple of props off Amazon, them being the generic 'Guns N' Roses' and Nirvana posters. The rest of the things I'll be using I probably own, apart from the cigarette box (obviously) that I'll have to get from any friend who's 18. Or it would probably be smarter to buy a fake box now that I think about it.

Also, the record company hasn't answered yet and it's making it a little bit harder for me to fall asleep at night. I'm just waiting for a response. I got this confirmation e-mail that says: "We will follow up on your licensing request shortly". Shortly. Shortly. Name a more relative term that could've been used. Exactly.

I'd say this is the only obstacle getting in my way right now. Apart from that, I am 100% sure I will start filming this weekend, or next week once the props arrive and I have the whole set designed and ready to go (which will in this case, be my room).

Also! In terms of casting, I decided I will be the one acting. Turns out that I don't know anyone who knows how to act, or could fit in the role, so I'll be doing it. I believe I'll be fine though, I've always been into acting and I've been making skits with my childhood friends for as long as I can remember. I will have a couple of trustworthy friends who will be helping me and have motivated me a lot with this project, which I appreciate a lot.

Acting, directing, editing and basically producing everything is obviously a big task, but I am confident I can handle it. Acting on your own film definitely has its perks:

  1. People don't get annoyed by being bossed around
  2. You know what you want to do and you know exactly how to portray it, which is honestly a great advantage.
So yes, I'm looking forward to filming! The next few posts will be about set designing and  documenting the whole production process. 

Also, I forgot to mention. I go really inspired while planning everything out, so I made a playlist with songs that would go in the soundtrack, if Barely Legal were to be a movie. I am adding the ones that I believe would fit with the whole theme and story. But...it's not done yet. So I'll post the link whenever it's done.


No comments:

Post a Comment

It's been a journey

My eyes are dry my back hurts i am going crazy and I feel like I've got a sunburn for sitting in the computer for five hours straight...